Jennifer Carr's Reviews > Amethyst

Amethyst by Lauraine Snelling

Feb 25, 2012

Read from February 20 to 25, 2012

I thought this whole series was really good, but in the last one I felt like the author was trying to make it all come together in the last chapter. I felt like she should have spread it out more. It was almost like the 3rd book didn't have that much info and then the 4th book was too much at once. I thought the over all story line was good and she was really good at describing the setting. I also thought she was really good at getting you into the story and making you really WANT to read the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amethyst.

message 1: by Alexia (new)

Alexia You cna't be serious. There is really a 4th book? Do you like her writing better or less than Tracie Peterson? Are these more chill or more Deeanne Gist style?

message 2: by Alexia (new)

Alexia How are you liking this series? Do you like the last book?

Jennifer Carr I think I like Tracie Peterson better. These books are good, but I can tell she was trying to use a different writing style with each of these books. The first book it was just from the point of thew of one girl and guy and through the the whole series there was more people added. Now that I am on the last book its from the point of thew of like 4 people. In the 3nd book she left a lot unsolved so I feel like in this last book she is trying to get everyone together in one book. I think the reason I got really into this book was because I fell in love with some of the characters. She also made you want to go to Dakota which I think it takes a skilled writer to do THAT. ;)

message 4: by Alexia (new)

Alexia oh girl. I understand. Just like Laura Frantz getting me sucked into the Kentucky territory.