Jessica at Book Sake's Reviews > Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters

Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters by Meredith Zeitlin

Mar 05, 12

bookshelves: 2012-debut-author
Read on February 20, 2012

Oh Kelsey, Kelsey, Kelsey. Try as she might to make these great plans about her freshman year of high school, she just keeps getting knocked down again and again. Just when she thinks one thing is pulling through, pffft there is goes down the drain. However, this story is a great reminder that when you are so focused on one thing, the thing that’s staring you in the face can often be overlooked. This story has the best relationships and at times the worst betrayals, but it is definitely about friendship and making it through everything together…eventually.

The moments that Kelsey is clueless have a great payoff in the end and there was a bit of a twist to the story that I never expected. Kudos to Zeitlin for that bit, it made me a very happy reader. This story is full of laughs and some heartbreak for Kelsey and I think that everyone can relate to some part of her life. And the things that I can’t relate to are ones that I am grateful for. This would make a great read for anyone entering (or in) high school and anyone that still remembers what it was like to be thrown into that foreign land!

Reviewed by Jessica for Book Sake.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters.