Holly's Reviews > Trust in Me

Trust in Me by Skye Warren

Feb 24, 12

Read in February, 2012

Not sure where to begin here, I have spent the last 2 days working on putting my thoughts together to review this book. I have given this book 4 stars but it doesn’t feel right to say I enjoyed it because the nature was so painful to read. So, I will start by saying this, this book is about a woman, Mia, who is in the middle of a human trafficking/slave ring. She was saved from the streets by the man who is now her master but even though she says he saved her that is not the word I would use, as now she is his slave. The hardest part of reading this book, was not necessarily the, what I felt as rape and abuse of this woman, but the knowledge that she felt that she deserved this and was not worth anything more, that she was simply now a whore and that her life was not worth anything.

Enter Tyler Martinez, when Mia sees Tyler meeting with her master she is shocked to see him all these years later. She doesn’t believe for one minute that her teenage crush could be involved with these monsters and she is right, Tyler is an undercover FBI agent there to save Mia in a way that he was unable to do all those years before, in addition to helping shut down this leg of the sex trafficking ring. He needs to prove to Mia that he can be that savior she needed all those years ago.

I think what hurts me most about reading a book like this is that even though this is entirely a work of fiction, what takes place within is anything but. We all know that these monsters exist and this kind of abuse is actually out there. But that said, this is a work of fiction and I took a line from the book synopsis that is the best description of this story I have seen - Trust in Me is a story of erotic pain and incipient romance, spiraling ever faster toward betrayal or redemption.

This book is definitely not for the faint of heart and as I said before, it feels wrong to say I enjoyed this book but the writing was fantastic. Any book that can pull such an emotional response from me in just 100 pages I have to say a big thank you to the author!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trust in Me.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R hmmmm... I can't wait! hehehe!

Holly LOL - I'm working on it! :)

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R I told Rhonda about your thoughts on this book,and she was wondering if you could hack Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #1) by CJ Roberts she said the same,it's dark and hard to stomach at times,but the author can write her ass off. =)

Holly I have that one and it sounds great - I read the one prior to this Keep Me Safe by Skye Warren and HOLY SHIT! It made this one look like a walk in the park! I can't believe they can pack that much disturbing stuff in 75 pages!

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R REALLY? She must be a great writer,cause not many authors can pull off short stories and get the reaction you have.

Looks like your a sucker for disturbing....ahahahahaha!! J/K! But I think you'll finally reached your limit eh? LOL!

Holly Oh yeah! That is the main reason for 4 stars, if the author can get that reaction from me in under 100 pages, that is fantastic!

LOL - I am a little broken because I kinda am a sucker for pushing the envelope!!

Holly OK, my review is up :/

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva Sounds good, Holly. Thanks for taking the time to give us an honest, heartfelt review.

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Bravo! Great Job Holly! You did it!

I hope your not emotionally wrung out. LOL!

Holly You betchya girls! Nah E, weirdly, there is a part of me that loves the rush of feeling, good or bad, ya know what I mean??

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Holly wrote: "You betchya girls! Nah E, weirdly, there is a part of me that loves the rush of feeling, good or bad, ya know what I mean??"

Sad to say,but I do! LOL!

message 12: by Rhonda (last edited Feb 25, 2012 03:18AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rhonda Holly wrote: "You betchya girls! Nah E, weirdly, there is a part of me that loves the rush of feeling, good or bad, ya know what I mean??"

Great Review Holly!!
This was similar to the way I felt about Captive in the Dark , but there were so many turn of events and there is no agent to take Livvy away. The writing was so phenomenal and left me needing the next book.

Based on your comments here, I think you're a perfect candidate for captive. We did an interview with C.J. Roberts, I don't know if you saw it but she is fantastic. Here is the link if you want to look. http://samsawesomness.blogspot.com/20...

Holly Thanks Rhonda! I did see the interview, which was wonderful. And your review was fantastic, it was the reason I added Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #1) by CJ Robertsto my TBR list.

~Lei ~  Reading Is An Adventure ~ Good review, much more articulate than I was able to make mine.