Larry's Reviews > The Scarlet Lion

The Scarlet Lion by Elizabeth Chadwick

Mar 15, 12

Read from February 20 to March 09, 2012

A long ending, and quite emotional. I appreciated the book, and the insights into a person who was a name, but is now a name I can look to to learn. Have already recommended to one person who is going to read them, and will othes. I'm looking forward to reading more of Elizabeth Chadwick's work. I appreciate the pictures she gives, not only on the physical life, but the ways of the mind's working at the time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Scarlet Lion.

02/20/2012
1.0% "She left us hanging on several issues at the end of The Greatest Knight, but, as yet, shows no hint of answering them. Everything its time, I guess."
02/21/2012
4.0% "I'm rather disappointed that she ended The Greatest Knight with the clever closing line, and has continued to leave us hanging. Is he in Normandy, is he an Earl, What was it exactly King Richard had for him. I feel half informed, but her writing makes it worth continuing."
03/03/2012
61.0% "She has kept my interest going, and I have thoroughly enjoyed her inside into 12-13 Century English Life. While it's hard to identify with the picture she's painted of William Marshall, steadfast reserved, able to hold in what needs to be hiden to achieve what he needs. I can identify that in the midst of it all, she does a good job of letting us see him age. A wonderful contrast between William and King John."