Milja's Reviews > The Complete Stories and Poems

The Complete Stories and Poems by Edgar Allan Poe

Feb 20, 12

bookshelves: favorites, posessions

Poe has been my ultimately favorite writer since the young age and i can say with a 100% certainty that he will remain that forever.
His work even influenced my life, my art, i could even say way of living and the way i look at people to some extent. I literally don't know the exact number of how many times i read but i can tell you that it reached a doble-digit number.

I am not sure how you review an entire collection, but this is an absolute must read. If you love romance, if you like bizarre, if you like gothic, if you love supernatural, if you love mystery, detective genre, poetry....Poe covers it all and it covers it beyond well.
I love how he plays with human fear and psychosis, his self-created words/expressions/rhymes in his poems, i love the atmosphere, i love that he presents the amount and strength of love through darkest moments and sides of human existence. I love his subtle use of supernatural, his humor.

I did my highschool matura work/graduation paper [i'm not sure for the right term in english:/], even though i've been his worshiper way before that, on Poe's prose opus and themes he covered in it. Got an A of course;)

A brilliant mind.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Complete Stories and Poems.