Sharon's Reviews > The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide from the Country's Foremost Relationship Expert

The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work by John M. Gottman

Oct 24, 2008

bookshelves: nonfiction-general
Read in August, 2008

I was looking for a marriage book for a friend of mine who was having an issue (since I am a librarian and finding books is fun!) I came across this and decided to get it for myself to see what these principles are. I just got married in June of 08 so I thought knowing early off the bat may be helpful.

It's a very interesting book with lots of practical advice and quizzes to take. I read it in bed at night and my husband and I took the quizzes. It was fun, and showed us we have a good marriage so far. I will say many of the quizzes are written for people who are having problems, so some of the questions weren't relevant to us much...but the information part of the book is very helpful to see what works in marriages and what doesn't - especially the parts about communicating with each other.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work.