Daniel Taylor's Reviews > The Well-Balanced Leader: Interactive Learning Techniques to Help You Master the 9 Simple Behaviors of Outstanding Leadership

The Well-Balanced Leader by Ron Roberts

Feb 26, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: business, leadership, self-help
Recommended for: Leaders who want a snapshot of balance in their lives
Read from February 20 to 24, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 2

I hoped this book would have more to offer than it did.

Because McGraw-Hill titles, especially on leadership, usually carry a lot of authority, I expected that I'd learn a lot of useful information to help me cope with the demands of leading a family through two tough times. What it does well is helps you identify where you are in terms of nine balanced leadership traits, and suggests things you can do to strengthen each one in your life.

Unfortunately, I found that its action ideas lacked depth and sounded like typical self-help, instead of what you'd expect from a well-researched business book. Once you've identified what traits you need to work on, you'd really need to go to other books or websites to turn your weaknesses into strengths.

It's useful enough for a place on my bookshelves, but whether it stays will depend on how often I dig into it to get ideas I can use.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Well-Balanced Leader.