Susan Mann's Reviews > A Witch in Winter

A Witch in Winter by Ruth Warburton

Feb 20, 12

Read in February, 2012

I LOVED this book, I really did. I loved Anna, what a great main character she is, an every day girl who discovers she has amazing magic powers and is a witch. You can fully relate to her and I felt that this could happen to anyone. That there really is magic out there and I believe.

Witches are one of my favourite subjects, so this book was right up my street. A Witch in Winter is about a girl called Anna who moves to a town called Winter with her dad. They move to a run down old house which seems to be steeped in magic and history. Anna find a book of spells and casts one with her friends one night. Not believing anything would happen, but it does and she casts more and more until trying to fix what she did. Anna is a typical teenager, and I feel reading about her, I would have done similar things as a teenager. I have always loved magic and witches.

The love story that intertwines in this book is an unusual and one full of chemistry. I thought Seth was a great character, a bad boy image but with a heart of gold. Who will do anything to be with Anna. I feel these two are destined to be together.

The book's main story line is a battle of good versus evil, but the lines have become a little blurred along the way, in determining what is good and what is evil. It is a great battle one which is scary and will keep you routed to your seat.

There is nothing in this book I would change or didn't like, I loved every minute of it and couldn't put it down until it was finished. The only one thing I would say, is that I wished it was longer, but thankfully it's a trilogy and I cannot wait to read the next in the series.

I would recommend this book to everyone who likes a bit of romance and magic. A Witch In Winter is a great read, full of action, history and witchcraft, set in a magical place, with two fantastic characters sizzling with chemistry.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Witch in Winter.