Artiom Karsiuk's Reviews > Mėnulio vaikai: Romanas

Mėnulio vaikai by Jurga Ivanauskaitė

Apr 17, 14

This book was somewhat of an awkward read - mainly, because it was a school assignment I had in my teen years. And while I was reading it and going through the disturbing atmosphere of the whole book, I was really shocked that a teacher not only let us, but TOLD US to read this. It took me into the mind of a really disturbed girl - a dark place full of despair and depression. Sure, I'm not a girl, but I am a geek - a sissy really - so I'm sure that [at that time] my weak little brain was more in tune with one of a troubled teen girl than a hormone filled jock of an alpha male. Now, I won't go spoiling the book here or try to overanalyze this whole thing, but I can tell you what this book did for me. In my teen years, I was a loner (still am, really) and in this funny "life sucks" phase that many teenagers experience, but the main character of this book took it to another level of sadness, so even I could say: "Well, that girl had one too many 'insane' pills. My life doesn't suck as much - neither does her's, so I'm gonna finish this book, put it aside, never touch it again with a 5-foot pole and look forward to some awesome years to come". If I have to thank one piece of literature for skipping the whole EMO culture, then that's the book. It's narly. And not in a good-healthy way.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mėnulio vaikai.