Mean Jane's Reviews > A Perfect Blood

Feb 23, 12

bookshelves: 5-star
Read from February 22 to 23, 2012 — I own a copy

**Minor spoilers**

Stayed up 'till 1 just to finish. I had my initial doubts about this book because The Hollows series has always had its ups and down, but Harrison scored a home run with A Perfect Blood.

I won't discuss any major spoilers, but I will say that the first third of the book does chug by at a slow pace. Once the plot picks up, it makes up for it (and more!) with some genuinely frightening scenes, great action, and true growth from Rachel.

I also felt that Harrison was wrapping up some final threads left over from previous novels. Kistin's pool table, Marshall, and finally getting her ware tattoo. (Do you remember that she's supposed to be an Alpha of a pack on top of everything else? It slipped my mind too.)

And of course, as a Rachel/Trent fan, I was quietly satisfied. I'll say no more.

Excellent book, nearly flawless except for the slowness towards the front and Wayde who, while was an interesting character... I couldn't figure out a reason why he was there. He didn't add or subtract anything to the plot. He felt like filler.

Still, I closed the book late last night a very happy reader. I felt totally immersed and I know the wait for the next book will be a long one. Five stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Perfect Blood.

Quotes Mean Jane Liked

Kim Harrison
“Why?" I said, taking the paper from him as Al smiled. "If it's not what I agreed to, I will burn Al's gonads off the first chance I get. Turn around. I need to use your back for a second."

"Ah, hold on a tick," Al said, snapping his fingers again and catching the new paper drifting down. "How silly of me. This is the one. Here.”
Kim Harrison, A Perfect Blood