Majo Gomez's Reviews > Los juegos del hambre

Los juegos del hambre by Suzanne Collins

Feb 19, 2012

Read from May 22 to July 27, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Los juegos del hambre.

Quotes Majo Liked

Suzanne Collins
“Deep in the meadow, hidden far away
A cloak of leaves, a moonbeam ray
Forget your woes and let your troubles lay
And when it's morning again, they'll wash away
Here it's safe, here it's warm
Here the daisies guard you from every harm
Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true
Here is the place where I love you.”

Suzanne Collins
“Remember, we're madly in love, so it's all right to kiss me anytime you feel like it.”

Suzanne Collins
“Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor.”

Suzanne Collins
“One more time? For the audience?" he says. His voice isn't angry. It's hollow, which is worse. Already the boy with the bread is slipping away from me.
I take his hand, holding on tightly, preparing for the cameras, and dreading the moment when I will finally have to let go.”

Suzanne Collins
“I don't want to lose the boy with the bread.”
Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games

I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.
“I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.”

Suzanne Collins
“It crosses my mind that Cinna's calm and normal demeanor masks a complete madman.”

Suzanne Collins
“I'm coming back into focus when Caesar asks him if he has a girlfriend back home. Peeta hesitates, then gives an unconvincing shake of his head.

Handsome lad like you. There must be some special girl. Come on, what’s her name?" says Caesar.

Peeta sighs. "Well, there is this one girl. I’ve had a crush on her ever since I can remember. But I’m pretty sure she didn’t know I was alive until the reaping."

Sounds of sympathy from the crowd. Unrequited love they can relate to.

She have another fellow?" asks Caesar.

I don’t know, but a lot of boys like her," says Peeta.

So, here’s what you do. You win, you go home. She can’t turn you down then, eh?" says Caesar encouragingly.

I don’t think it’s going to work out. Winning...won’t help in my case," says Peeta.

Why ever not?" says Caesar, mystified.

Peeta blushes beet red and stammers out. "Because...because...she came here with me.”

Suzanne Collins
“You’ve got about as much charm as a dead slug.”

Suzanne Collins
“Destroying things is much easier than making them.”

Suzanne Collins
“Yes, frosting. The final defense of the dying.”

Suzanne Collins
“Rue, who when you ask her what she loves most in the world, replies, of all things, “Music.”

Suzanne Collins
“Katniss, the girl who was on fire!”

Suzanne Collins
“Yes, and I’m sure the arena will be full of bags of flour for me to chuck at people.”

Suzanne Collins
“Peeta, you said at the interview you’d had a crush on me forever. When did forever start?

Oh, let’s see. I guess the first day of school. We were five. You had on a red plaid dress and your hair...it was in two braids instead of one. My father pointed you out when we were waiting to line up."

Your father? Why?"

He said, ‘See that little girl? I wanted to marry her mother, but she ran off with a coal miner.'"

What? You’re making that up!"

No, true story. And I said, 'A coal miner? Why did she want a coal miner if she could’ve had you?' And he said, 'Because when he sings...even the birds stop to listen.”

Suzanne Collins
“District 12: Where you can starve to death in safety.”