Kevin's Reviews > American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History

American Sniper by Chris Kyle

Feb 19, 2012

bookshelves: biography, military, non-fiction, war-gulf-afghanistan
Read in February, 2012

This was a really good book. A good friend of mine bought it for me, otherwise I most likely wouldn’t have slowed down to read it this soon after print. It also helped that I was down sick for a full weekend and blew through over 200 pages while loafing around in bed. The book was comprised of a lot of personal stories of the Author, Chris Kyle, while he served as a Navy Seal Sniper. He was in some intense situations, and ultimately served 4 tours in the gulf. He currently holds the record for the most confirmed kills by an american sniper. It was interesting to read that in order to have the kills count as "confirmed", there was paperwork to do. I never would have guessed that. I was a little disappointed, hoping to find some training and tactics in the stories… however those had been scrubbed out. I am not sure if it was on purpose, or he was forced to leave them out. Bummer, I truly enjoy tactics. But despite that, it was a very fast, fun read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read American Sniper.