Hannah Dillon's Reviews > Without Regret

Without Regret by R.L. Mathewson

F_50x66
Feb 19, 12

** spoiler alert ** I picked this book because it has a structure I usually enjoy; hero is kind of an alpha-male-jerk to heroine until the end, when he falls on his knees and promises her the world and realizes he has been a fool because she is everything. Unfortunately, in this book, the hero really never stopped being a jerk (and I mean a serious, no-holds-barred, bashing my head against a wall a-hole). The heroine took everything he dished out, never got really pissed, never walked out on him, nothing! And she wasn't all that interesting or developed either, in my opinion, or she would not have gone from hating him one second to jumping into the sack with him the next to hating him again (but still thinking he's the sexiest man alive and not stopping herself from drooling, even after he's just treated her like absolute garbage). She made me almost angrier than he did, the way she never got a word in edgewise and always fumed silently while being dragged and handcuffed and generally mistreated. I read the whole book, waiting for that moment when he falls to his knees, but it never happened. She remains his doormat until the very end. Ugh. I gave it two stars because the action was OK and the premise of the story has interesting, though unfulfilled, potential.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Without Regret.