Renee B.'s Reviews > Hounded

Hounded by Kevin Hearne

7119506
Apr 04, 2012

bookshelves: fantasy, awesome-is-thy-name, i-want-to-lick-that-cover, hot-cover-models, 2012-reads
Read from March 29 to 30, 2012

Oh, my dear lad, Atticus. You amuse me so. How could I have resisted reading this masterpiece when that book cover is amazing?! Hot dude with a sword, come on. I can only assume that it was probably the whole Kate Daniels fever I was on that kept me from picking it up. I wanted to keep reading about heroines and their adventures but after a few disappointments, I decided to change course and ended up with the magic of Druidry.

Atticus is the last living Druid (although I wonder if there isn't another somewhere keeping himself/herself hidden) although by the end of the book, there is a possibility that he might get an apprentice. We know that Druids were priests back in the days.. but to know that they actually really kicked ass.. damn. And I am so fecking glad to not have a refreshing cast of characters. Oberon is a joy to be around. I love his thought conversations with Atticus.

It's nice to also see the Tuatha De Danann being asses. I know they always are and their manipulative natures is clearly in this book as well. Maybe later I'll read the other books where I'll fall in love with a Fae prince. But for now, hell, Atticus is free to heal himself in my garden, if you get what I mean. HAHA.

ACTION. COMEDY. ROMANCE. Oh yeah, this book has everything.

5 STARS. Because this book deserves it and if you haven't read it, sucks for you, because you're missing out on some really great literature.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hounded.

03/29/2012 "Okay, I lied. I seem to be better of with this book for now. x)"
03/29/2012 "..they looked like the typical faery—that is, no wings, scantily clad, and kind of man-pretty like Orlando Bloom’s Legolas. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA OMG I SHOULDNT BE LAUGHING AT THIS BUT WTH"
03/29/2012 "Anyone with a cursory knowledge of mythology knows that it is suicidal to sexually harass a goddess."
03/30/2012 "A wedgie?! Hahaha that's priceless XD"
03/30/2012 ""Wow,” she sniggered, “you need to get some sun.” “Shut up. I’m Irish.” I"
03/30/2012 "“If they were agitated before, they will be pissed beyond reason when you release them. They will turn on me merely to vent their spleen.” “Vent their spleen? Are you trying to quote Master Shakespeare to me again?”"
03/30/2012 "White blossom. Lol."
03/30/2012 " Oberon said, in a passable imitation of Eric Cartman. HAHAHAHAHAH OMG I LOVE YOU OBERON."
03/30/2012 "It suggested that the physical reaction was even more psychologically based than I had previously supposed. - That's certainly new for me too."