Bitten By Books 's Reviews > Night Runner

Night Runner by Max  Turner

Feb 19, 12

Read in May, 2011

My Review:
The story starts off by introducing a fifteen year old boy named Zack Thomson. His mother died when he was two and his anthropologist father was killed in a tomb cave-in five years later- while Zack watch it happen. Making Zack a orphaned when he was seven. And to make matters worse- while his father lays dying, Zack was attacked by some kind of wild dog and he ended up with a strange disease. Some people have called his illness “allergies” but whatever his condition, it causes him to sleep all day and eat a very restricted diet. A exclusive strawberry smoothie diet, that he needs to thrive. His unique medical problems also cause irritability, so much that a mental institution has become his home. After spending eight quiet years in the mental institution under the special care of Nurse Ophelia, a woman who has become like a mother to him. Zack’s life is about to change in a big way..

First off, a man name Maximilian claiming to be his long lost uncle. Tells him about his parents and their demise. But, Zack is having a hard time believing him. After his uncle leaves, that when things get weirder. Like a crazed man crashing through the window at the mental institution, and yells to Zack to run and then helps him to escape from the institution. The man takes Zack to a safe house and through him, Zack finds out more about his odd disease and about the secrets kept from him by his family. But when matters get worse, Zack it’s sure who to trust. However, his best friend Charlie has always been faithful and trustworthy to him. So Zack contacts him and they go on the run together, trying to figure out what the heck is going on in Zack’s life. Through their adventures Zack meets Luna a girl (the first girl his age he’s ever met) and begins to learn about the world outside his old institution....

My Thoughts:

-This book really caught my attention, from page one to finish. And the book had such a unique storyline and characters. I really enjoyed how Zack, Charlie and Luna went on this crazy adventure together and filled with twist and turns around every corner, while at the same time Zack searches for the truth of what he really is..

-The pacing was good, the characterizations were realistic and the suspense and intrigue kept the story moving forward quite well. Max Turner has written a thoroughly entertaining and believable fantasy story, and I can’t wait to read the second book End of Days..

-And I give this book 5/5 stars..

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Runner.