Brittney Musick's Reviews > Trust Me

Trust Me by Jeff Erno

Feb 19, 2012

bookshelves: ebook, 1-young-adult, genre-romance-contemporary, genre-romance-mm, genre-realistic-fiction, read-2012
Read from March 12 to 21, 2012

Trust Me by Jeff Erno was such an amazing read. I went into it not knowing what to expect and was completely blown away. By the time I'd finished the novel, I'd run through the whole gambit of emotions.

It took on some very heavy topics and situations and handle them in what I considered a realistic way. This every bit as much a coming of age story as it is GLBT romance.

I enjoyed that the novel didn't immediately jump into the romance. Instead, there was plenty of time to get to know both Shawn and Bobby before the two ever even crossed paths. The two main characters, on the surface, seem to entirely different, but underneath it all they're not so entirely different, but I enjoyed seeing what each of them brought to the relationship.

There were some sections of the story where I felt myself skimming more mostly because the subject matter was very difficult to read, but it definitely left an impact.

In all, I was quite surprised by what Trust Me had to offer. It was well worth the read, and it's left me curious about Jeff Erno's other work.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trust Me.