Pauline 's Reviews > Lady Justice and the Sting

Lady Justice and the Sting by Robert Thornhill

Mar 03, 12

bookshelves: first-reads, mystery-thriller-suspense, own
Read from March 01 to 03, 2012

Disclaimer: I won this in a Goodreads Firstreads giveaway.

I would classify this as a cozy mystery. The Lady Justice series stars Walt, at 68 year old cop who solves cases despite his old age. I found it fairy interesting but overall not a very mysterious mystery.

What I liked:

1. They subject matter of this mystery is fascinating. It essentially boils down to big pharma vs holistic medicine/everyone else. Big Pharma already has a lot of negative point associated with it and in this book it is presented as a cesspool of corruption (which is probably not too far from the truth). So, for those who think big pharma and their drugs can do no wrong, reading this may hopefully make them think and consider the drugs that they are putting into their body.

What I didn't really like:

1. Writing style and execution are my biggest gripes. It didn't read like a mystery honestly. The villain was very one dimensional and the conspirators behind the entire crime were pretty obvious halfway through. Overall, I felt like this entire series is more geared towards middle school grade kids. If it wasn't for the subject material, that is what I would have assumed. It actually really reminded me of the Clue Jr. series that I read when I was younger.

2. I also didn't really find it funny...not sure if this is particular to my sense of humor or not though.

Overall, it wasn't bad but I didn't particularly love it either. So 2 stars.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lady Justice and the Sting.