UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick's Reviews > Mystery Man

Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley

Just $0.99 today for Kindle! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A...

Mystery Man is the first book in the Dream Man series and while it has Kristen Ashley written all over it - no pun intended, it’s a little more romantic suspense than the Colorado Mountain series.

Cabe “Hawk” Delgado is another hot, over the top, super alpha hero and I love, love, LOVE him! Gwendolyn Kidd is a great heroine; Smart, savvy, independent, and takes no crap from anyone. Though I love how, being wooed by three alpha males, she doesn’t quite know what to think, but that doesn’t stop her from putting them all their places when needs be.

I don’t know how she does it, but Kristen Ashley produces book after book of fantastic stories and characters, and I can’t get enough of them!

-----
If you're a Kristen Ashley addict, or just interested in checking her books, be sure to stop by our Kristen Ashley Addict's Support Group here on Goodreads!

81 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mystery Man.

Searock One of my favorite books ever, Dhes!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Mine, too, Searock. I loved it. I've loved all of KA's book. Great stuff!

Jill Go Dhes, another KA! You do know there are other authors out there, right?? LOL!

message 4: by UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick (last edited Feb 19, 2012 02:02PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Jill wrote: "Go Dhes, another KA! You do know there are other authors out there, right?? LOL!"

**gasp** Other authors than Kristen Ashley? Really???? Well, yes, that's true, but the only other authors I'm hooked on, I've already read their entire back-lists so thank GOD KA's got a long one! LOL!

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) I'm starting this one next. Great review, Dhes. I don't know how KA does it either, but she sure can write amazing books. And she does it consistently!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Thanks, Kristen!! Loving these books!

And I think they're rubbing off on me because I had to have a talk with a neighbor yesterday (his dog attacked my dog and she's still in the hospital) and he's really upset about it, feels horrible about it, but he's not in a hurry to make arrangements to pay the bill. Anyway, he was standing on my porch telling me all about his financial hardships and I told him I totally understand, and then I went into what, if it had been in a KA book, would have been a paragraphs long rant about how if people take responsibility for their actions (or their dogs' actions) I can work with them, but if they can't, I can be a bitch. I told him that when the neighbor's son drove his fancy ass red mustang into my front yard at 5am because he was doing that Tokyo Drift (view spoiler) and took out my grass, my curbing, and my decorative rock - then left the scene - I was okay with it because they came down, cleaned up the mess and the next day my curbing was laid at no cost to me... I was good... but if they hadn't have done that, reports would have been filed and they'd find out I could be a bitch. I told him I don't want to be a bitch, but I can be. And I told him If he can't see his way clear to make the payments, I'd help him out and file a report with his home owners insurance so they'd handle it for him, but that'd be sad because then they'd jack up his insurance and might even require a police report which would have people wondering if his dog was dangerous, and I'd hate to have that happen, 'cuz I hate to be a bitch but I can be if I have to be.

So yeah... I only stopped to breath a couple times during that tirade and that's why I feel like KA is rubbing off on me.

And it felt so, (view spoiler) liberating to just lay it all out there for him.

Hanife Romance, Contemporary, Super Alpha Hero - I'm in! :D Great review Dhestiny.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Thanks, Hanife!! I hope you love it, too!

Searock UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Thanks, Kristen!! Loving these books!

Damn, you are KA super-heroine right now!
Go Dhessy, go Dhessy.
(btw, how'd you spell it when you said you want a nickname like your peeps? Dhesi?)

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick LOL!!! Dhessy is fine. I'm embarrassed that I had mentioned it... really, I just thought it was sweet how everyone had cute nicks.

Searock I know, you were prolly just in the moment, but I have a compulsion for nicknames, so I hope you don't mind....

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I don't mind at all!!! *hugs*

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) OMG! I hope your dog is okay and you're able to get the vet bills paid for without it coming out of your own pocket.

I can totally see and hear that conversation! Somehow Laurie kept popping into my head while I read your rant. Lol. Good for you, Dhes! I noticed lately, I, too, have been talking like the characters from her books. What's even funnier (or maybe it's sad) is her sentence don't bother me like they use to when I first started reading her books. I no longer have to try and figure out WFT the heroes are trying to say. I just get their convoluted thought process. Lol.

Searock Its like we've been through the "immersion course" and we are speaking the language now.

Wow.

message 16: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully "being wooed by three alpha males"??

I'd settle for just 1 right about now!

message 17: by UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick (last edited Feb 19, 2012 08:53PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I'll find out more tomorrow about Juliette. She might require another surgery if the "boot" doesn't take. We took pictures in case we have to sue.

WARNING! These are not pretty pictures!!!! In fact, they are horrible.

This is one picture: That is her whole right back leg. The white behind it is her other leg. The white above is her hip. Down at the "ankle" you can see where the fur was yanked down, taking her skin with it, just just a sock. DO NOT VIEW SPOILER IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE SITE OF BLOOD!!!! (view spoiler)

Another picture: All the white to the left is her tail tucked under. (view spoiler)

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick AgentScully wrote: ""being wooed by three alpha males"??

I'd settle for just 1 right about now!"

You and me both. Just sayin'....

Searock Couldn't look, but said a lil' prayer for your baby/doggy/friend.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Thanks, Searock. We all appreciate it.

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Oh my goodness, your poor dog. That looks awful! What happened to the dog that attacked your dog? I'm so sorry, Dhes. I hope your dog will be able to make a full recovery.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Thank you, Kristen!

The other dog is fine. Juliette is about 15 pounds as opposed to the other dog who was 60ish pounds. Juliette was on a leash, my husband was taking her and our other 2 dogs for a walk when the other dog crossed the street and grabbed her.

I'm going to copy and paste what I wrote to some other friends, it'll be easier than typing it all out again.

She went into shock, but came through the surgery okay. They're keeping her until Monday earliest, more likely Tuesday or Wednesday.

The vet said he's never seen anything like it... so much damage to the skin but nothing to the flesh or muscle. I won't go into all the details about what had to be done but there will be areas where she'll always be bald, but thank God she'll be alive. Her leg might always be slightly flexed because of how they had to stitch the skin together, but the vet hopes over time it will stretch, just like skin does when women get pregnant or gain weight, and that she'll be able to walk again, normally.

Once we get her home, she has to be kept as immobile as possible for several days. He's not sure the skin at the foot (he calls it the boot) that they pulled up into place will live, so she might have to have another surgery to remove it, but he doesn't think it'll be necessary.

The technique he used is one he's used on animals that have been dragged and have severe muscle damage, even down to the bone, and has great success. He's excited to see how this turns out for Juliette. (Typical doctor, right? He's excited! LOL!) He's going to be at a vet convention this week and he's going to be looking for something for her... he couldn't remember what it's called... it's like a support stocking to hold everything in place while it heals. He was so good to talk to. Answered all my questions... he was fantastic.

----

So that's what he told us. We'll find out tomorrow how she's healing and if she can come home or if she'll need more treatment, or another surgery.

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) I'll keep my fingers crossed all goes well and Juliette has a full recovery. ((Hugs)) to you.

message 24: by Jae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jae OMG!!! I viewed your spoiler Dhes and I will never be the same again.... I am such a wus with blood.
Hope Juliette doesn't hurt much during her recovery.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Thanks again, Kristen!!!

Jae, I know, right? It's gruesome! That's why I spoiler tagged it and typed a big warning! Maybe I should just remove them.

KatLynne Dhes, so glad you loved Hawk! I just loved him and he is one of my favs:)

I am so sorry for little Juliette! Her leg looks just awful. I hope she will have a quick recovery and not suffer much more pain. I love the conversation you had with the neighbor and I hope he pays the vet bills without you having to turn into the "bitch":)...

I couldn't help but laugh reading the post here how we all are now talking like KA and running our sentences together, etc:) I catch myself doing this too and what makes it really funny is my oldest daughter teaches HS/College English and Creative Writing. Now this girl is very serious about grammar, punctuation, etc, etc, etc...LOL I find her cringing during some of our conversations and saying.."mom, you do know that ...." And just last night she turned to my son and said, "did she just call dad Babe?"...LOL Another thing to thank KA for...making my kids think I've had some type of seizure which now is effecting my speach:)

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! I'm calling people 'babe' too! LOLOL!! OMG!!!! I'm even doing the 'babe' interruptions! LOL!!!!

We all need t-shirts made up, seriously! LOL!

And thanks, Kat... I'm praying Juliette's well enough to come home tomorrow, and hoping she doesn't have much pain. That's gotta hurt!!!

Beanbag Love Aw, poor Juliette! I didn't look at the picture (total wimp here), but I know how I would feel if someone's dog hurt one of my babies. Grrrr!

I hope your neighbor pays, too. If he doesn't then he should lose his dog. He clearly can't afford it. Vet bills are outrageous and you shouldn't have to pay because some idiot can't secure his dog.

RE: Mystery Man -- great review, I'll add it to my list. :)

message 29: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Oh goodness Dhes....I am not a wimp and can take sight of blood etc but them photo's bought tears to my eyes -Poor Juliett she must have been in agony bless her. I am glad to hear that the surgery went well and that she recovering but can't believe your neighbours attitude - what a cheek!!!!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter So sorry for your dog, Dhes! It looks awful! *shudders*

I'm happy that you loved MM and Hawk! Nice review!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Thanks, girls!! I'm DIGGING Mitch now!! oh, baby!! This series is all kinds of yummy!

RE: Juliette... I called the vet today and they said that we can get her today at 3pm. The bloodflow to the boot area is good, so that's a good sign.

Yeah, the pictures are ugly. My daughter had her camera on the table so we grabbed it and took pictures just in case. We also took pictures of the blood on my driveway and the blood on the next-door neighbor's sidewalk. I hope he doesn't make it difficult. I don't want to worry about the $$ while I'm trying to get Juliette well, but I need that $$ back.

Another thing about Juliette is that she's only about 5 years old, but she's about 75% blind. It's some kind of hereditary thing that started about a year ago. The doctors can do surgery, $3,500 to do both eyes, but they can't say for sure if the blindness would come back or not. I honestly don't have that kind of money, especially when we don't know if it will work. If there were a way to be certain, then I'd find a way to get the money. If money were no object, then the eye surgery would have been done already.

But anyway, the reason for me telling you about her eyesight is that I can't imagine how terrified she was, not being able to see much of what was happening, or if it was better that she couldn't.

I'm so looking forward to getting my baby home!!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Update - Juliette is home tonight! YAY! She's doing pretty well, very happy to be home, but sleepy. We have to keep her isolated from the other dogs and we have her in a penned up area with enough room to move around, but not enough room to run. She needs to be kept as immobile as is reasonably possible because when they stretched the skin to cover the bare flesh, they couldn't cover the back of the knee so it's raw. If she runs around too much, it will keep opening up and bleeding, plus if she gets crazy with the other dogs she risks tearing her stitches.

It looks like the boot area is healing well, plenty of blood flow to the tissue. We'll know for sure within 2 weeks.

She came home with antibiotics, pain killers and an antiseptic lubricant for the back of her knee, and the leg looks like hell, but at least she's alive and home!!!

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers!

Shawna Glad you enjoyed it, Dhes! I just finished this, and I loved it! Does she know how to write hot, badass alphas and awesome epilogues or what?!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Oh... she's amazing!!!!!! AMAAZING!!!!!!!! Wild Man and Law Man are great, too!

Amanda The Book Slayer Thanks Shawna and Dhestiny b/c I am about done with reading this book and love it! Seeing both your reviews I knew I had to give it a try and man, I don't want to put the book down. Thanks!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick You're welcome, Momma!! I'm reading Rock Chick now, and LOVING IT!! This is KA book #9, almost back to back, for me. I can't get enough!

Searock Dhessy, do you mind if I request an update on your baby? Hope she is still on the mend and getting around soon (if not already).

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Oh sure!! Thank you for asking!!!!

Juliette's doing VERY well! She had her followup today, stitches removed, and a little more than 80% of the skin pulled from other areas has taken hold, and in some areas, new skin is growing back. She still has bare patches that may or may not fill in.

It's almost 100% guarantee that she won't need another surgery, but because there's some dead skin, like leather, hanging on, if it doesn't sluff off on its own, it'll have to be surgically removed. She goes back in 3 weeks, and then we'll be done, unless she needs the surgery!

Searock Such good news. Thanks Dhes!

I'll be so curious what you think of the Rock Chick series. Had a rough time with em' myself...

I am sure I will try them again someday soon.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Thanks, Searock! So far, so good with Rock Chick!

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Hey UM! I am obsessed with reading all Kristen Ashley's books at the moment, but I don't know which one to read next! What book of hers would you rec? I have read book 2 and 3 of this series already.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I'm loving the Rock Chick series. The books are still KA, the heroes are over the top alpha, but the girls are funny. Close friends and the group of friends keeps growing. A lot of people didn't thrill over the first book, but I've loved them all.

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) I will have to give that series a go next then! I just discovered her books by chance, I am so glad she has a fairly big backlist that I can read through!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick She does! Have you checked out the Kristen Ashley group? I linked to it at the bottom of my review. SOoooooooooooooo much awesome information there!! And KA comes by to visit, too :)

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Ah cool, I will def check the group out :)

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Looking forward to seeing you there! :)

message 47: by Jade (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jade Thanks for recommending KA to me, Dhes. This was my first book of hers and, while I had some issues with Gwen, I loved it! I really liked the world KA created and her writing voice. I know I'll read more of her books in the future :)

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I'm so glad you enjoyed the book, Jade! KA is one of my favorite authors because her books have so much emotion to them. And the relationships... wow.

If you love books with a strong female friends theme, but still sexy alpha males and steamy hot goodness, try her Rock Chick series. LOVE THEM!

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Haha you have another person hooked!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Suzanne the Mighty ~Satin Seductress~ wrote: "Haha you have another person hooked!"

WoooooT!!!!! Wait... are you calling me a hooker?

« previous 1