Emily's Reviews > Rock Chick

Rock Chick by Kristen Ashley

May 23, 2016

bookshelves: bad-boys, betrayal, bodyguard-private-investigator, fiesty-heroine, series, states-colorado, own-kindle, characters-i, characters-s, characters-l, characters-n, year-2011, genre-contemporary
Read from April 04, 2012 to May 23, 2016

Indy Savage lives in a world of her own, known as a rock chick she is loyal to the music, her sexy underwear, dressing as bad ass as she can, and constantly reminding herself that Liam "Lee' Nightingale is not interested, even if she swore to her best friend she would marry her brother Lee and they would become true sisters. Indy spent years in full pursuit of Lee, but when he finally told her he thought of her as a sister, she retreated now ten years later she is still avoiding him as much as she can and now has a bit of a problem she could really use his assistance with. It wasn't her fault that her employee had entrepreneurial skills and decided to hide some diamonds he can't retrieve, Indy yelling at the bad men and getting shot at a little bit her fault. Now she has raised the eye of a local mobster who has decided to woo her, Lee has let her know under no uncertain terms they are together, and she has a way of constantly getting herself in the center of trouble, what's a girl to do.

I absolutely loved this. Lee is all alpha male, he has been waiting for Indy to reinitate her quest to have him and realizes maybe the words he chose to ward her off years ago may have been a tad to strong, he just wanted to temporarily halt the process. It is crazy, hilarious, rip roaring fun. I can't believe I had not picked up this author before. I am officially addicted.
20 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rock Chick.

05/20 marked as: read
05/20 marked as: currently-reading
05/23 marked as: read

Laura Reading this too!

Emily Laura wrote: "Reading this too!"

Are you liking it?

message 3: by Booklover (last edited Apr 06, 2012 08:52AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Booklover Great Review Emily!I am newly addicted to KA,keeping fingers crossed-hopefully i find this series also,absolutely enjoying Burg's series:)

Emily Booklover wrote: "Great Review Emily!I am newly addicted to KA,keeping fingers crossed-hopefully i find this series also,absolutely enjoying Burg's series:)"

Whose Burg? I love it, reminds me a lot of Shelly Laurenston. I was laughing so hard last night my bed was shaking. Has just the right mix of humor, confusion, and combustable attraction.

Emily Laura wrote: "Reading this too!"

Finished it, did you like it?

message 6: by Shivanie (new)

Shivanie This sounds entertaining i'm going to add this to my to read list :D

Emily Shivanie wrote: "This sounds entertaining i'm going to add this to my to read list :D"

It's an addictive series, really enjoyable.

A Tasty Read Book Reviews Have heard A LOT about Kristen recently..I may have to pick this one up!

Emily A Tasty Read wrote: "Have heard A LOT about Kristen recently..I may have to pick this one up!"

She is really good, there is this series which is action filled fun and than there is the Dream Man series which are intense and is probably my favorite over all and than the Burg series which is more thriller/suspense intense storyline.

She has a few others too but I haven't read the ghost series yet. Read Knight and liked it but not one of my favorites. She is addictive once you start.

Tina "coffee and books" This series just keeps getting better and better. Read on, girl.

Emily Tina "coffee and books" wrote: "This series just keeps getting better and better. Read on, girl."

It does, this author amazes me with the consistency of keeping each book/series/character intriguing.

Tina "coffee and books" I know! I'm now to the point where I'm reading other books in between to prolong my Kristen Ashley fix.

Emily Tina "coffee and books" wrote: "I know! I'm now to the point where I'm reading other books in between to prolong my Kristen Ashley fix."

I know what you mean and it is really hard to find authors who compare

Tina "coffee and books" Emily wrote: "Tina "coffee and books" wrote: "I know! I'm now to the point where I'm reading other books in between to prolong my Kristen Ashley fix."

I know what you mean and it is really hard to find authors..."

I haven't found an author to compare, but I've been trying like heck. Any suggestions?

Emily Tina "coffee and books" wrote: "Emily wrote: "Tina "coffee and books" wrote: "I know! I'm now to the point where I'm reading other books in between to prolong my Kristen Ashley fix."

I know what you mean and it is really hard t..."

Well, Shelley Laurenston, Samantha Towle, Suzanne Wright are good ones.

message 16: by Lela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lela Jones Almost done with this series, been reading nothing but her books for 2 months. The Colorado Mountain series is my favorite.

Emily Lela wrote: "Almost done with this series, been reading nothing but her books for 2 months. The Colorado Mountain series is my favorite."

I have liked everything I have read from her. Dream Man series the best.