Princess Bookie's Reviews > Bad Hair Day

Bad Hair Day by Carrie Harris

Apr 16, 12

bookshelves: read2012
Read from April 10 to 11, 2012

My Thoughts: Oh man, how I loved Bad Hair Day. I really enjoyed Bad Taste In Boys but Bad Hair Day was even better. Instead of dealing with zombies, we are dealing with werewolves.

We are back with Kate Grable, our super smart heroine who is half brains and half funny. She's a bit of a nerd but she makes it look so cool. She's finally dating her crush Aaron and she has best friends named Kiki and Rocky.

Her family is still super cool, her mom is away a lot, her dads around, and her dorky brother Jonah has a drivers license and is her sidekick.

Kate is spending some time at the morgue for her school med program and while there on her first day, her mentor gets arrested for murder. Kate is determined to find out if he's guilty and what is really going on. Someone is murdering kids, but she really doesn't think he's the culprit.

When a few of her acquaintances start turning into werewolves, she starts to get involved and its in her best interest to find out what is causing it, how, and why so she doesn't become the next victim.

What can I say about this series? I love Kate. I love her character. I don't like Aaron very much but it's because he just lets other girls flirt with him and doesn't put them in their place, arrrrggg... Guys!

I love her friends, and her little dorky brother Jonah. I hope he starts playing more of a role in the next book. I just love how she uses science to figure things out. I love the plots of these books, and they are actually funny. I find myself laughing at the most random things.

Kate is snarky and smart, a perfect combination.

Bad Hair Day is another fantastic novel by Harris. I can see why some people might not like this series, as it has some bad reviews, but I really do. It doesn't focus solely on werewolves (or zombies as in the first book) but it is more about the science of it, the mystery because of it, and the girl who solves it all.

Overall: Loved it. I even loved it more than Bad Taste in Boys. I don't usually like zombies or werewolves but Harris pulled me into this series like no other. Good job! Write another one please!

Cover: It's perfect. Even the girls braid reminds me of Kate, especially when it was soaked in blood, totally fits. I can see this girl being Kate.

What I'd Give It: 5/5 Cupcakes

_________
Review Taken From Princess Bookie
www.princessbookie.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Hair Day.

04/10/2012 page 60
25.0% "like this so far."
04/11/2012 page 230
96.0% "Really love this. almost done!"
show 1 hidden update…