Kevin Hearne's Reviews > The Rook

The Rook by Daniel O'Malley

Feb 19, 12

You guys will enjoy this. I was recommended the title by a friend of mine in the League of Reluctant Adults, author Jaye Wells. She wrote a blurb for it, which you'll see on the back cover. It was quite enjoyable, and I found myself wanting to know even more about the world. I do hope he'll write another book with the further adventures of Rook Thomas.

Basically, this is about a paranormal Secret Service in Britain. There's an American counterpart that split off from the Brits after the Revolutionary War, but we only get to meet two of that crew.

The British story follows the adventures of Rook Thomas, who has a fascinating (if frightening) mutant ability. She's also trying to find out who licked her brain free of memories.

Aw yeah. You want to know what happened now, don't you? Read it, friends. You won't be disappointed. It's a good time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rook.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

LazerWraith Sounds good. I usually don't like stories revolving around memory loss, but this looks exciting. :P

message 2: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie i put it on my to-read list, sounds pretty good

LazerWraith I just finished it Julie...it was great. One of the first fantasy books from a female POV that was not overloaded with romance. :P

Nicole I'm about 2/3 through it and loving it. I think it's one of those books I'm going to hate finishing.