Samantha's Reviews > Gift

Gift by Andrea J. Buchanan

Mar 05, 12

Read from February 19 to 26, 2012

Review:
The book captured my interest from the synopsis. It was very interesting and I liked the idea of it. Then I started reading it.. and I didn't like it.

Cover:
The picture is a little grainy but I really liked the color. It was purple, so I instantly loved it!

Writing/Plot:
The writing and plot wasn't superb. The story line was a little dull. Nothing much was happening and the things that were happening weren't very interesting or explained well enough. It was like we had to strain to understand what was going on. I didn't finish the book. About a 150 pages in I gave up.
The writing had some flaws. I know that it was an early release copy so it wasn't going to be perfect, but there were some major mistakes. Before each chapter, which I couldn't tell if it was a new chapter or not, I kind of guessed, there was this little paragraph that made no sense to the story.. It was interesting.

The Characters:
Daisy was very introverted. She only has one friend and she is very sectioned off from her life. She seems very determined though. She's inquisitive and has a very different power. The power isn't explained throughout the story so you're left wondering what the power is exactly.

Vivi, Danielle and Kevin are all very different. Vivi is sort of suicidal and a little odd. Danielle is the typical teenager and is just dealing with the usual issues a teenager deals with, plus Vivi's and Daisy's problems. The there is Kevin... Kevin is frankly quite creepy and to me a little stalkerish... Just my opinion..

All in all:
I didn't enjoy this book. I couldn't finish it. It wasn't up my alley and not my forte. 2 out of 5 tacos!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gift.

02/24/2012 page 33