Becs 's Reviews > Motorcycle Man

Motorcycle Man by Kristen Ashley

May 26, 12

bookshelves: alpha-hero, biker-hero, contemporary-romance, favourites, kindle, tattooed-hero
Read from May 23 to 26, 2012

Oh, yes. This is Vintage Ashley.

I loved every freaking second of it. It was just perfect. Been waiting a while for Tack's story since he first growled onto the page in Mystery Man and it's definitely been worth the wait.

He's everything an Ashley Alpha should be - he's arrogant, rude, domineering, bossy and impossibly HOT! I was appalled with the way he behaved to Tyra after their first night together but I knew he would redeem himself.

What I love about a Kristen Ashley hero is that they may be complete dickheads but, somehow, they know when they fall in love, when they have something special, they claim that woman and they go all out to let the world know that she is their's and to protect her. It gives me the warm and fuzzies. I don't care how un-PC that is, I just love it.

Tyra is a great heroine - she's honest, sweet, vulnerable yet also tough as nails and nothing will hold her back from protecting and defending the people she cares about. Tack is more of the same and then some.

I also loved the whole badass biker MC vibe, the Brotherhood - I'm so glad that there's going to be a new series revolving around Chaos. Bring it on. I loved their tattoos and their sweet touching moments. It was all good.

BUT - KA you have raised the bar exponentially here. Tack is going to be a very hard act to follow.

I f*cking loved this. It's the dogs bollocks.

5 big and shiny stars contemporary romance

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Motorcycle Man.

Quotes Becs Liked

Kristen Ashley
“We've hit the hot guy motherlode.”

Kristen Ashley
“You have no clue," he whispered.
"No clue about what?" I whispered back.
"What you handed me last night."
I took in a deep breath and asked softly, "What did I hand you, honey?"
"What's lyin' in that bed."
That was when I stopped breathing.
"I claimed it," he went on. "But last night you gave it to me. Gift's given, no takin' it back. You get that, Tyra?"
"I think so," I whispered.
"Get that, baby, it's important.”

Kristen Ashley
“(...)The ride is not over but if I can keep my Club together and find a sweet, feisty woman who's got my back and enough to her that she'll stay there, holding me up not dragging me down, I figure I'd find my way to beauty eventually. And I'd find absolution because I'd know, I earned the love of that woman, a woman who's got so much to her it'll take years to dig down and find the heart of her, that would be my reward."
Ohmigod.
Ohmigod!
Ohmigod!
Did he just say that?
Did. He. Just. Say that?
"And you told me," Tack continued, his face coming closer, "I had that when I first met you.”
tags: tack, tyra

“Oh," I whispered.
"Fuck, I'm not even close."
"To what?"
"The heart of you. You run so fuckin' deep, I'll never get there."
God.
"Lookin' forward to a lifetime of diggin', babe."
God!
"Now you're being sweet," I accused, my voice wobbly.
"Used to it yet?"
"No."
"You got a lifetime to get there too."
Seriously.
I could take no more.
"Shut up."
"I will, you kiss me."
"Rush and/or Tabby might be here any minute."
"I didn't tell you to go down on me.”

Kristen Ashley
“The perfect I was looking for wasn’t perfection. The perfect I was looking for was the one. And he was you.”
tags: tyra

Kristen Ashley
“And into the darkness, to his sleeping woman, he whispered, “You don’t know this, baby, but some men have dream women too.”

05/23/2012
0.0% "I succumbed. I was going to read this in the (hopefully sunny) garden at the weekend but I cannae wait!" 6 comments
05/23/2012
6.0% "Tack is such a dick. I love him!"
05/25/2012
35.0% ""Don't do this, baby." Photobucket"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick (last edited May 26, 2012 08:07AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Oh, yes. This is Vintage Ashley.

Oh, yes, it is! I adored this book from start to finish and can NOT wait for the Chaos MC series to start!

And yeah.... she's raised the bar for sure.

Great review, Becs. I love this story.

Becs Me too - I think I'm going to have to watch Sons of Anarchy now to tide me over!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I still haven't seen that show! We don't watch much TV. I wonder if it's on Netflix.

Becs I haven't either Dhes but it's calling to me now!

Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog Loved your "Vintage Ashley" ...fab review! :0)

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I'm not even sure what it's about, to be honest! LOL! I need to check it out. I've heard fantastic things about it.

Becs Thanks Gitte.

Dhes - think it's about badass biker dudes.

Nuff said!

Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog I just bought the box set last week cause I think I am seriously missing out here hahahaha

Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog ..I never watch TV so this is a first for me!!! ;0)

Becs Report back then Gitte - let us know what you think!!

Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog Hahaha will do ;0) x

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~ Love your review, Becs!
You're right. Tack will be one seriously hard act to follow. But... I'm sure KA'll manage. :)

Becs Thanks Rain x

~V~ Great review Becs! you said it perfect!! :)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter What I love about a Kristen Ashley hero is that they may be complete dickheads but, somehow, they know when they fall in love, when they have something special, they claim that woman and they go all out to let the world know that she is their's and to protect her.

I so agree, Becs! Great review!

Diane Loved the review and yes how will she top Tack?? Love him! Peace, Love, and Tack! :)

Anne OK Super review, Becs! Can't wait for the next generation in "Chaos!"

Vallsykes On target review, Becs. It IS the "vintage" you've coined it. This style is her strength...I also think she did good with the biker world depth. I can't wait to read to see how chaotic the Chaos series will be.

message 19: by Searock (last edited May 26, 2012 06:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Searock Woot!
Fab review, Becs :)

Vintage Ashley!!
Love that... I've been reading her 6 months and she's got vintage stuff already.
That's a triumph.

message 20: by Vallsykes (last edited May 26, 2012 06:35PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vallsykes UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "I still haven't seen that show! We don't watch much TV. I wonder if it's on Netflix."

Oh Becs, Dhes,(anyone who hasn't) just watch season one and then come back to start a thread where we can all chat it up! LOL, it is a great show; however the high adrenaline and high drama, Kurt Sutter, it's creator, has built some awesome characters and an very unique world.

Becs Thanks everyone. I laid in the sun all day and read it (stupid sunglasses marks on my face now) and I miss it. I miss Tack.

I think he might be right up there for me - possibly the best yet KA Alpha.

Vallsykes Becs wrote: "Thanks everyone. I keep hinting that we need to buy the boxset of Sons of Anarchy as it's on some obscure cable channel here. I'm so tempted right now..."

Becs, if you have skype, I can help out with season one. Just msg me if you are interested.

Chantal In the first chapter I was just thinking about MYSTERY MAN and his 'tequila shots and 5 hours of sex' comment lol

Becs LOL - thanks Vallskyes. I do have Skype but my DH has promised to buy me the boxsets but if he doesn't make good - I'll be in touch, if that's OK.

Splage "Vintage Ashley"... Yes! You are so right, I love vintage Ashley.

KatLynne Great review Becs! Definitely one of my faves! Loved everything and the epilogue is Amazing!

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) LOL! Loved your review! I agree she has definitely rasied the bar...I now have high expectations for her Chaos series!

Becs Thanks girls - never seen us all agree on a 5 star read quite so unanimously!

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) It doesn seem to be an all round winner!

Louise What I love about a Kristen Ashley hero is that they may be complete dickheads but, somehow, they know when they fall in love, when they have something special, they claim that woman and they go all out to let the world know that she is their's and to protect her. that statement is very True and loved it:)
Great review Becs:))

message 31: by Kayla (new) - added it

Kayla hi everyone, i just stumbled on this site looking for some good reading material. looks like i found the right place. from the reviews ive read, it looks like i need to indulge myself with this Motorcycle Man book. it sounds pretty juicy.

Jennifer Lane What I love about a Kristen Ashley hero is that they may be complete dickheads but, somehow, they know when they fall in love, when they have something special, they claim that woman and they go all out to let the world know that she is their's and to protect her.

Well said, Becs!