Ghostleegirl's Reviews > The Black Witch

The Black Witch by Micheal Rivers

7041994
Feb 19, 2012

Read from February 19 to 28, 2012

I want to start off by saying I know nothing at all about schooners. I have never been on one, and I think the closest thing would be a canoe! Having said that, I loved this book!

The pacing was fast and I was constantly wondering what would happen next. Even with all the books I've read over the years, I wasn't able to guess at what was coming, nor was I at any point bored. There didn't seem to be a slow spot anywhere in the story! Even the ending took me by surprise! I expected something unusual, and I was not disappointed! It was like a roller coaster with all kinds of twists and turns, even a couple of hanging upside down moments!

The characters were well thought out, and all were quite different. I was never sure what surprises they had in store for me. Even the background characters were well developed and had dimension.

All that said, I'd recommend this book to anyone!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Black Witch.

02/19/2012
12.0% "Just started this and am totally engrossed!"
02/22/2012
48.0% "There are all kinds of twists and turns... I never know what's coming next! It's a great read!"
02/22/2012
02/26/2012
82.0% "I'm wishing that I had more time to read! I'm loving this, but keep having to put it down."