Hanna's Reviews > Fool's Errand

Fool's Errand by Robin Hobb

Nov 18, 2012

bookshelves: reviewed

3.75

GAAH! These books frustrate the hell out of me! Absolutely and wholly.
But I love them. The plot. The characters.

I think I hate them like I do because they are so damn realistic. Never the happy ending to anything. Only the harsh and brutal reality.

The main character is brave. And good. Lovable. He is also a fool. A wimp. That makes mistakes. That you yell "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?" at.
Same for other characters. One moment you scream your head of at them. The next you sit there grinning like an idiot for how smart or good or funny or interesting they are.

Same for the plot. Twisting out of your grasp the very second you think you had it. Turning the absolutely wrong way more times than it turns the right.

See where I'm going? This is the case for everything in the WHOLE FRIKKIN' BOOK! All the books. In the whole series!

Makes me irritated just thinking about it all.
Also makes me want to read it again. It's crazy that I could ever dislike a book so much and still absolutely adore it.

Realistic but brave.
Heartbreaking and brilliant.

READ IT NOW!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fool's Errand.

05/07 marked as: read

message 1: by Larissa (new)

Larissa Somaio that's how I feel, but I don't know if I can work up the courage to read about more bad things happening to Fitz.

Hanna Larissa wrote: "that's how I feel, but I don't know if I can work up the courage to read about more bad things happening to Fitz."

Oh you should! They are worth every moment of frustration. Because they are quite brilliant, and so very well written.

McMillions Awesome review! I think that sums up exactly how I feel!

Kenny Elliott Excellent review. I completely understand the feeling.

Kenny Elliott Excellent review. I completely understand the feeling.