Diayll's Reviews > Hacienda Moon

Originally Reviewed At:Mother/Gamer/Writer
Rating: 5 out of 5 Controllers
Review Source: Author for Honest Review
Reviewer: Me

Well after having collected myself from being scared to sleep with my lights off for the past week, I can honestly say…I LOVED THIS BOOK.

When I first began reading Hacienda Moon, I was almost certain I was not going to like it, and positively certain I was NOT going to love it. This story began very tragic, and I couldn’t wrap my head around the idea of it redeeming itself from a beginning that shattered my heart. However, yes there is but, once I began flipping pages and sinking my teeth into the mystery of Chelby Rose, Hacienda Moon began to twine itself around me, sprout roots and grow. And grow. And grow. And grow into a beautifully woven story I couldn’t put down. Needless to say, I am very glad the heartbreaking beginning didn’t stop me from discovering and loving this hauntingly enchanting novel.

Our story is centered around Tandie, a young woman with a powerful gift, psychic visions. After the tragic death of her daughter, Tandie’s visions disappear, and with nothing else to do, she decides to move back to her hometown. Once there, she becomes the tenant of a strange old house known as, Chelby Rose. From here, we are taken on an unpredictable Gothic journey of loss, sacrifice, deception, and most importantly, love.

Throughout the majority of the novel, my heart was thrashing around in my chest in sheer anticipation of what was going to transpire next. Honestly, I was all over the place trying to predict where KaSonndra was going to toss my emotions. Should I laugh? Should I cry? Should I hide up under the covers like a crazy person? I believe she truly hits on every chord, from happy, to devastated, angry and fearful. And adding two delectable southern gentlemen to the mix was just the icing on the cake. Eric oh Eric, please come do some repairs on MY house.

Overall, with an evil grin and diabolical laughter, I highly recommend Hacienda Moon to anyone looking to add a little mystery to their romance. It will make you smile, laugh, and possibly scare you out of sleeping. But I promise, once you get over the hump that is the tragic beginning, you will fall in love with Tandie, Eric and all the ghosts of Castle Hayne and Chelby Rose.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hacienda Moon.

08/07/2012 page 65