♬ ☮ Priya ♀ ♏ {Smoke and Starlight} ☠ ☯ 's Reviews > Glitches

bookshelves: science-fiction, futuristic
Recommended to ♬ ☮ Priya ♀ ♏ {Smoke and Starlight} ☠ ☯ by: Cinder
Recommended for: Everybody
Read in March, 2012

Glitches is a short-story prequel to Marissa Meyer's science-fiction novel, Cinder, which is a re-envisioning of Cinderella's tale about a cyborg mechanic, Cinder, set in a futuristic Beijing.
Marissa Meyer has totally proved her writing prowess with this short-story, which i wish hadn't ended so early. It was beautiful, wonderful, amazing, stunning, freaking awesome, lovely, astounding and every other adjective that somehow means wonderful.
Glitches deals with Cinder's arrival in the Linh household by her new step-father Garan. She recently had an accident which resulted in her parent's death and a steel arm and leg for Cinder. With her memory wiped clean and some new technological skills, Cinder tries to fit in with a suspicious and certainly prejudiced step-mother, an elder sister who doesn't care about her and a younger sister who suddenly sees a friend in her.
Small, emotional and endearingly sweet, Glitches shows you the childish, innocent Cinder before she becomes the hard-core, kick-ass teenage mechanic in Cinder.
My favorite line: "I have a glitch, too. Sometimes I forget that I’m not human." Beautiful, isn't it?
Glitches is no doubt a great start to a no doubt amazing series that i'm totally looking forward to.

You can read my review for Cinder here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glitches.

Quotes ♬ ☮ Priya ♀ ♏ {Smoke and Starlight} ☠ ☯ Liked

Marissa Meyer
“I have a glitch, too. Sometimes I forget that I’m not human. I don’t think that happens to most androids.”
Marissa Meyer, Glitches