Heidi McLaughlin's Reviews > Glimmer

Glimmer by Phoebe Kitanidis

Mar 16, 12

Read from February 26 to March 15, 2012

I didn't know whether to give this book 3 or 4 stars, it is somewhere in the middle.

When I first started reading GLIMMER, I thought this was a book about zombies. GLIMMER would’ve marked my first ever zombie novel, so I continued to read. Only to find out, there are no zombies.

GLIMMER gives us two main characters, Elyse and Marshall, both who wake up next to each other with no recollection of who they are or even how they ended up next to each other in a very compromising situation. They are scared and suspicious of each other, but when they escape the house they woke up in, they stick together.

While they try to figure out who they are and what town they are in, Elyse is able to see people that Marshall can’t. When “these” people go to Marshall, he’s able to zap them with the Eye of Horus tattoo he has on his chest, a tattoo that he doesn’t remember getting. What gets really freaky is people know who Elyse is, but won’t tell her, her name and no one can really see Marshall.

The town, Summer Falls, their residents take heat naps which occur after something negative or traumatic happens in their lives, which wouldn’t be so bad if you think about it, except you lose your memory. So if you were to break up with your boyfriend, he’s hurt, he naps and wakes up thinking you guys are still together – crazy!

Marshall is the first to start figuring out who they are and how they came together. Their story of friendship is very sweet and is relived through spells he does to regain his memory. Now with his memory intact, he enlists Elyse to help him finish the mission that his mom started, take down the founder of Summer Falls.

GLIMMER is definitely a different, unique and weirdly delicious story. Phoebe Kitanidis does an amazing job keeping your attention page after page.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glimmer.

03/06/2012 page 46
13.0% "So freaking hooked"
03/11/2012 page 208
59.0% "PK has thrown me into a twist"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

This sounds soooooo good!

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Bell Worth reading, Heidi?

Heidi McLaughlin Amanda wrote: "Worth reading, Heidi?"

yeah, it's definitely different and keeps you guessing through out the story.