Karah's Reviews > Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems

Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems by Richard Ferber

Mar 17, 12

bookshelves: parenting
Read from February 23 to March 10, 2012

I'm so glad that I finally read this book. My son is just over two years old, and has been a fairly good sleeper since he was about four months old. Now, I must admit, that we definitely had to train him with the help of a sleep coach-- I'm not convinced that he was a "naturally" good sleeper. Although he slept well from the time he was about 5 months old, he periodically goes through little regressions. The most recent regression seemed to hang on longer than "normal" and prompted me to pick up this book.

After reading this book, I'm amazed that Dr. Ferber has such a bad rap for "cry it out". His recommendations are nothing of the sort and offer practical solutions based on so much information regarding our sleep habits. I loved learning all about the sleep cycles, recommended hours of sleep, and types of sleep. Having this information makes the 'training' aspect make much more sense. I also appreciated knowing why it was important to log the sleep patterns when searching for a solution.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone with a baby, toddler, or child who could benefit from a bit more sleep.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems.