Christa's Reviews > A Grown-Up Kind of Pretty

A Grown-Up Kind of Pretty by Joshilyn Jackson

Feb 19, 12

bookshelves: ebook-arc
Read from February 19 to 20, 2012

A Grown-Up Kind of Pretty was a very touching book about three females - Ginny, her daughter, Liza, and granddaughter, Mosey. These three characters found their way quickly into my heart, and this is a story that will stay with me. The three main characters are all flawed, yet very sympathetic. I was rooting for good things for the three of them.

Ginny, "Big," knows that every fifteen years holds a trying time for her. When she was fifteen, she had a baby. When that baby daughter, Liza, was fifteen, she had a baby herself. The year that Ginny will turn forty-five, Liza, thirty, and granddaughter, Mosey, fifteen, is sure to have something unsettling in store. Big has raised Mosey to avoid the pitfalls of teenage pregnancy, yet she is still worried about what the year will hold. She never imagines the challenges that her family will face as Liza has a stroke, and the removal of an oak tree causes long held secrets to surface that have the power to destroy all that Big holds dear. These females will have to see if they have the strength to hold together as their lives are shaken.

This was a very good book with three great main characters. The book has several secondary characters that add depth to the story. The story was very safisfying to me, and kept me interested. I received this book as an ARC through Netgalley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Grown-Up Kind of Pretty.

02/19/2012 page 180