Katrina's Reviews > The Grapes of Wrath

The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Grapes of Wrath.

Jocelyn Romero Really? 5 stars? I really hated that book when I had to read it in high school. I can still remember them squatting on their haunches and me being tortured by every page. :)

Katrina This was THE book that turned me on to Literature (with a capital L)! Yes, it took me forever to get through the first 50pages, but once I did, I couldn't put it down. Perhaps it was the time in which I read it as well. Had I been forced to read it in high school (like I was "The Scarlet Letter"), I doubt I would've been able to get through it. As an adult, its themes resonated more with me. I suggest you try to read it, again, Ms. Romero and see if it speaks to you now that you've had to overcome some of your own personal struggles.

Jocelyn Romero Oye no thanks, but I'm glad it inspired you to read more. I'm not saying it isn't well written, I just find the subject matter so soul crushing and boring that I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a lit cigarette than read Grapes of Wrath again. ;) <--- me stabbed in the eye

Katrina you are a dork.