Izzy's Reviews > Blood Red Road

Blood Red Road by Moira Young

I need to stop being so judgemental! When I first started reading this, I decided I hated it and it wasn't for me. Roookie Error. Oh and I couldn't help but read it in my very best hillbillie accent-which was laughable at best.

Saba was, for me, a pretty hard character to like at first. She was just so rude! But she grew on me like fungus in a forest. Her character development was so beautiful it was like watching a Disney movie (the old ones like Mulan not these crappy excuses for movies they have now).

Most of the time while I was reading my face felt hot, either from the kick ass adrenaline pumping action that is just awesome or from the adorable romantic moments in the book. They were written incredibly and just when I thought the whole thing had gone tits up something incredible would happen.

I will add however that I didn't like the beginning, it worked and set the storyline up well and everything, but I felt the author tried too hard to make the protagonist seem bad-ass. Not personality wise, because I liked that I didn't like her at first, but with the whole imma grab so many weapons cos I can use them all and make rafts and sledges and whatevs cos I can. And what?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Red Road.

02/22/2012 page 68
15.0% "she seems like a bitch"
show 1 hidden update…