Justlikethat's Reviews > Can You Keep a Secret?

Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella

Feb 19, 12

bookshelves: favourite, romance, funny, chick-lit, feel-good
Read on February 19, 2012

I loved it. In fact, if there's anything I hate, it's that feeling when you've been so engrossed in a book, and once it's over, you realise it's fiction, and the characters you really love aren't actually real!

This is the first Sophie Kinsella book - I was apprehensive about reading Confessions of a Shopaholic as although I like reading romance, I didn't want to read something so totally girly, but now I'm excited about reading more of her books.

The main character is realistic, you have to like her. I found myself laughing periodically, and surprised at the natural humour in the book. I felt anxiousness, I felt happiness and I felt thoughtful.

Okay, so this book isn't exactly classic literature like Dickens, but it really put a smile on my face and I could hardly put it down. That's exactly what I wanted, to smile and enjoy the journey of the book, and did Sophie Kinsella deliver just that :)

If you're looking for romance, realistic fiction and a bit of humour, this is just the right book to read :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Can You Keep a Secret?.