Soumi's Reviews > Lacrimosa

Lacrimosa by Christine Fonseca

Aug 27, 14

bookshelves: arc-e-galley, books-i-reviewed, young-adult, angels, demons
Read from March 22 to 23, 2012

Sometime it’s really hard to convey our feeling in few words. This book bewitched me from the very moment I first read the book blurb.

It’s been three thousand years since the fall of Azzaziel and the rebirth of evil; He has been creating army of unholy intending to defeat the angels and rule the earth. It’s been three thousand years since Sentinels, a group of worrier angels, are hunting down the dark creatures. Five hundred years old Nessy is one of the best sentinels, she never mistakes, never hesitates and never gets emotional while hunting unholy, until she met Ayden.
Once an angel, Ayden was fallen and took the dark sides, now an unholy he feeds on human souls. Nessy was given the task of finding him and destroy him, but Ayden reminds her of a life she left in past when they used to be star crossed lovers.

There are few books that touch your heart with some deep emotion, Lacrimosa is one of them. The book makes you feel the battle within yourself that question what is right and wrong.

Angel and Demon

My heart seizes with every step. I can’t breathe, can’t think. I’m locked in turmoil as the truth—my truth—coils around me. I must kill Aydan.
And his death…
Will kill me.

Nessy was strong and brave but vulnerable to emotion and love. She was supposed to hate Ayden but she can’t deny she was in love with the same person in another lifetime. Throughout the book we saw her struggles to find a way against all odds. I felt very connected to her, her confusion, love and pain. Torn between love and duty, every step she takes can change fate of earth and her one wrong decision can out innocents in grave danger.
The narration switches between Nessy and Ayden, so the readers get to know both of their versions of story. As the story progressed there past slowly unraveled, bringing their destiny together.
Ayden was irresistible in his angelic appearance and devilish in nature. He was incarnated into an unholy when he chose to be a fallen. He was solar eclipse, who may have submitted himself to darkness, but never let it overshadowed him completely. He set up an example how love can be a beautiful strength to change someone upside down.

This novel is a refreshing new take on good vs. evil and how choices play out against destiny. Beautifully written and lyrical Lacrimosa is a heart wrenching tale that brought tears in your eyes. A romantic fantasy focusing on the endless war between angels and devils, that will keep you breathless until its final pages.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lacrimosa.

03/22/2012 page 15
4.52% "Starting is very good"
03/22/2012 page 100
30.12% "Mhan....fully emotional"
03/23/2012 page 300
90.36% "Oh my my..what a story and what a love.."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lily (new) - added it

Lily Thank you for the recommendation Soumi! I am definitely interested in reading this one. Looking forward to your review.

Soumi Welcome...this book is so full of love and emotion with some action.

Ryan Zimmerman Carstairs Thanks for the recommendation – I have even entered the contest for a free copy.
Be well my friend.

Christine Fonseca So thrilled that you enjoyed the story! I am releasing the short Mea Culpa (Requiem Series, #1.5). by Christine Fonseca in a few days. If you would like your FREE copy early, click here and complete the form. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/v...