Starlet Laura's Reviews > Thunder Dog: The True Story of a Blind Man, His Guide Dog, and the Triumph of Trust at Ground Zero

Thunder Dog by Michael Hingson

Feb 18, 2012

Read in August, 2011

I haven’t read anything about the survivors of 9/11 – this is the first and, as a result, I have a couple more audible books to listen to -- on the subject…..(I just listened to Angel in the Rubble, which was also worthwhile).

Thunder Dog was a great story -- I recommend it highly. It’s two-fold in that the reader also has the opportunity to be educated about people who are blind – this was a major portion of the book, interspersed, and well worth it for that reason.

I don’t know any blind people personally except for one recent member who joined my gym last year. He comes in with his guide dog while he exercises. I see him walking to and from the gym location and, I used to think how difficult that must be to be walking out on the busy streets alone with the dog. When you read this book, you will come away with a very clear understanding about the misconceptions most of us have about the unsighted. Very revealing and I loved it. The story about his escape from the World Trade Center on 9/11 with his guide dog is great reading.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thunder Dog.

Janet If you haven't read "a dogs purpose" by W Bruce Cameron yet, you must do so. You will love it.