xilhovette's Reviews > Body Check

Body Check by Deirdre Martin

Apr 28, 12

bookshelves: cont-rom
Read in April, 2012

This is my first read by Deirdre Martin. Overall, the story was fine although I wasn't really impressed with it. The romance was okay although Janna and Ty were quite giving me headache.

I liked Janna for her determination, brave, enthusiasm, loving, and caring. However, I disliked her sometimes being immature. I found it childish and she didn't behave like 30-year-old should be. As for Ty, I liked his determination and fully focus to achieve his goal. The only thing I disliked about him is that he's arrogant, ego, and stubborn.

I'm not thrilled with the unnecessary conflict and that has got to do with one of the Blades' hockey players, Lex Lubov. I liked him the moment I read about him. He seemed like a likeable, harmless, and insecure person. I didn't find him as a threat at all.

Anyway, I'll keep on with this series.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Body Check.

message 1: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Still in sports romances vibe? :)

xilhovette LOL yeah. I don't know when I will stop the obsession.

message 3: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Haha. Ikr. One of my currently reading book is a sports romance, too. It's Taking a Shot by Jaci Burton. Athlete heroes are HOT!

xilhovette Awesome. I haven't read that one yet. Save it for latter sports romance vibe haha. I think I'm on supernatural now ;)