kit's Reviews > Fly on the Wall: How One Girl Saw Everything

Fly on the Wall by E. Lockhart

Feb 19, 12

Read on February 18, 2012 — I own a copy

Fly on the Wall, by E. Lockhart was a downright hilarious and a "finding yourself" read. I absolutely enjoy the way E. Lockhart writes and she incoporated humour very naturally without it sounding forced (I detest forced humour—it's ridiculous). I was surprised it ended so fast though and I wished it could've been longer and more in depth. But obviously it's suppose to be a quick, fun, light read so I won't brood over it too much.

The characters were awesome and realistic. Which is why I love E. Lockhart because she always have characters with issues and self conflicts. Gretchen Yee, the main protagonist, was pretty neurotic in the beginning. However, as the story progresses (after being turned into a fly), she finally found herself and grew immensely as a person. She became more thoughtful and confident. Titus was a boy I want to hug. He was insecure about himself and his body and how he had (view spoiler) Gretchen loved him and that's what mattered in the end. She accepted him with his flaws and loved him. Despite that, I wish their romance could be more developed, I think their relationship in the end was sweet. I really want to know how long and why Titus liked Gretchen though. The side characters were okay—nothing special; I hated Shane! Yeah. Titus was nice. I really liked him.

I loved how E. Lockhart set the story in an arts school where expressing your individuality was the norm. But behind the scenes, there were also issues like bullying and whatnot.

The plot was original and funny. Gretchen turned into a fly in the boy's locker room and from this experience she learned to be more understanding and better person.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fly on the Wall.