Tiffany's Reviews > All The Small Poems

All The Small Poems by Valerie Worth

F_50x66
Feb 27, 12

bookshelves: eced-221

All The Small Poems is a collection of short poems. Each poem focuses on an animal or inanimate object of some type. They are short, simple and descriptive.
In the many poems that I read from this collection, the majority did not rhyme. The poems don't exactly have a flow to them either. There isn't really a rhythm to the sentences and verses. Each poem is extremely descriptive. It gives a lot of imagery by using an array of adjectives. The poems do not give insight. Unless you are discovering the subject of the poem for the first time, it is fairly simple topics that do not expand awareness. I'd say these poems do, however, give a positive stretch. Each poem is extremely descriptive so it really does a great job in illuminating observations and featuring creative word play. If the lesson you were doing were to involve animals, this could be appropriate for that type of lesson. There are a lot of poems about animals and these poems could be good ways to describe the animals creatively.
I thought the book of poems was okay. I didn't really enjoy it a lot because I prefer poems to rhyme and to have a type of rhythm while reading. However, I feel this could be used in a lesson of some sort. If you were discussing using adjectives to describe an object, this collection of poems would be a great example. The poems however did not affect me in any way and I didn't really take much from reading them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All The Small Poems.