Tiffany's Reviews > Mirror Mirror: A Book of Reversible Verse

Mirror Mirror by Marilyn Singer

F_50x66
Feb 20, 12

bookshelves: eced-221

Mirror, Mirror: A Book of Reversible Verse is a poem book of several different fairytales which have two different versions. Each poem is flipped to show a different point of view. It's a twist to the classic fairytales.
There were parts of the poems where there would be some rhyming. However, it was not a main element. There was definitely clear imagery in each poem. The fact that you see the same poem in two different views gives two different ways to imagine the poem and it's content. There is insight through showing the different points of view with characters. I believe this fits the 'positive stretch' criteria as well because the children reading this book see how creative it is with the flipping and reversing of words and sentences.
I personally loved this poem book. I thought it was extremely creative and was amazed that when how the poem was reversed, it still made sense. You could use a book like this in class when, for example, two students are having an argument and cannot see the other's point of view. It's an example of how there are always two sides to a story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mirror Mirror.