Ursula Ciller's Reviews > The Gods Among Us

The Gods Among Us by D.C. Belton

Jun 09, 12

This is an exciting fantasy story full of clever wit and contrasting characters. The plot is filled with energy and interesting twists - to me like a combination of many doctrines spliced together to shape a new world which has been brilliantly depicted. The complexity of characters (including the gods and animals) and their relationship to the main teenage character, Pallas, adds thrill and adventure to this story. Both younger and mature readers alike will enjoy this vibrant read. The story is written in first person giving it a personal here-now feeling. I am looking forward to the next book in the series.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gods Among Us.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

D.C. Belton Ursula, thx for the kind review. The next one will be out in a few weeks. Let me know if I can send you a free copy.

Ursula Ciller Dc wrote: "Ursula, thx for the kind review. The next one will be out in a few weeks. Let me know if I can send you a free copy."

Hi Dave,
Please do, I'd love to read it! You know I take my time (I'm always really busy) but that world is a great place to be :)
Cheers,
Ursula

D.C. Belton Thx for that! You are thorough...yours was the most thoughtful review I've read so far. I
m curious, what doctrines do you think I was talking about?

Ursula Ciller Greek, Roman, and religious doctrines that typically withhold knowledge from commoners (knowledge is power). With the top gods playing their chess (with people, groups, countries) like the financial superpowers of this world. Spys, strategic marriages, perceptions of different classes of people (poor vs. rich). It's an interesting combination. :)

D.C. Belton I'm flattered! Send me your address again and I'll be sure to get you a copy.
BTW: Do other people see posts like this on this site? Still trying to work out how everything works. :o)

Ursula Ciller I am not sure if others can read these posts - I'm pretty new to the site as well. If you have similar posts to others on your page, I cannot see them. My e-mail is: hnimble@y7mail.com if you would like to send me an e-copy. If you would rather send me a hard copy let me know and I'll email you my address (but the postage is a bit over AUD $14 so if you want to save the costs e-book or PDF is great :)