Babs's Reviews > Blue Moon Promise

Feb 22, 2012

bookshelves: romance, historical, christian
Recommended for: Romance, Historical
Read from February 15 to 17, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 1

Lucy Marsh has had some bad luck with her father passing away, someone stealing some important merchandise from her fathers pawn shop, raising her two young siblings, and now losing her job. She did not know how she was going to take care of the children then that same night she lost her job she learns they are getting evicted from their home as well. A knock comes to the door when she opens it there is a man standing there that can change everything for Lucy and her brother and sister.

Henry Stanton was looking at Lucy and explained her step mother wrote to him and asked for help. He offered Lucy a one time deal of marrying his son. She would be a ranchers wife and her siblings would have a new home and no worries. After much thinking over night, Lucy packed up everyone and left with Henry the next day to her new home and new husband Nate Stanton.

Nate wasn't too thrilled to see her and at first thought she was his fathers new wife. How will Lucy cope with a husband who doesn't want her or thinks she can't handle farm life.

I throughly enjoyed this nice relaxing book. Nate was my favorite character in the book. He was not thrilled to see Lucy, and was determined to be head strong. He has this way about him that makes you want to like him. Not at first mind you. He is almost set in his ways. He and Lucy have a lot in common as her parents were now all gone and she lost her mom at an early age like he did. He is caring and wants to do right.

Lucy was the least of my favorites as she was constantly trying to prove herself to everyone not just herself or even Nate. She ended up getting herself into some scrapes instead of what she wanted to do. She was always afraid of Nate not loving her. It got a bit too much at times.

Overall the characters and plot were well-played out. The research was great as you felt like you were back in the same era and wanting to be a rancher or could imagine yourself as one. I will re-read this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Moon Promise.