Amy S's Reviews > Supernaturally

Supernaturally by Kiersten White

Feb 18, 12

Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Dear book,

Maybe it's not you. Maybe it's me. I adored your first installation, I really did. But time has passed, we've both changed, and we're just not right for each other anymore. I think it's best if we move on. After all, from the beginning things did not look good. When I picked you up at the library and held you in my slender hands (here's hoping) I noticed that you were playing me with the whole Stephanie-Myers-pretend-big-book-thing. You know, the one where they make the book half the width of a normal book and your REALLY LARGE FONT to make it seem bigger than it is. Also, helpful hint: make your villains actually scary. There was no predicament in any of your pretty little pages that seemed even tense. In fact, if I read the word "liebchen" again I was going to feed myself to the vamp just to be out of misery.

You and I had a good run of it though. I do appreciate the fact that you are sweet still, non-smutty and sometimes the pages that I didn't skim through could have some cute things here and there. Also, let your author know: no more overly cute awknowledgements. Seriously. And for every author of a trilogy. Please do not make book 2 just a mindless exercise in getting to number 3.

Don't worry, I have an 11 year old. Give it a couple of years and she'll be able to appreciate you in ways I never could. Good luck saving the world.

love, me
ps your boyfriend is kind of hot though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Supernaturally.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Julie Shaw Haha! Loved the review! My thoughts exactly!

message 2: by joy (new) - rated it 3 stars

joy *the clean-reader extraordinaire* bump.

message 3: by Melanie (new) - added it

Melanie I especially liked your postscript

message 4: by Amy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amy S Lol thanks!

message 5: by Tadiana (new)

Tadiana I never heard of this series but your review almost tempts me to go find it!

Weird, huh?

message 6: by Amy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amy S The first one is really fun!