Carrie Lim's Reviews > The Forever Girl

The Forever Girl by Rebecca  Hamilton

Feb 29, 12

bookshelves: urban, paranormal, shapeshifters, romance, magic, witches, immortals, won-from-giveaway, fantasy
Read from February 18 to 29, 2012

Just finished. Wow. Can't really gather all my thoughts yet. This story sure took me on for a ride. Please excuse my incoherent rambling. My feelings are all over the place right now.

I read the summary thinking it was going to be a typical paranormal romance (even if I haven't read many paranormal romances, I knew the formula). Vampire like creatures. Shape-shifters and witches. Oh, and let's not forget the forbidden romance. Boy, was I wrong. There's so much more to it than that. And the more is just too much to speak of.

The details and the history involved placed me in a world that I couldn't help get lost in. I felt like I was watching a movie rather than reading since the words flowed easily off the page. Love it when that happens.

Sophia seemed so real, her character was written with all these little complexities and yet, she was also simple, someone that I think anyone could relate to, which makes her all the more special.

I won't comment on Charles in fear of giving anything away. Can't have that. Must read it to find out. ;)

What I will say is that I was pleasantly surprised at how the story turned out. Loved the twists and turns. The story had just the right amount of angst, sexy-times, action, humor and drama to balance it all out. It started nice and slow and as the story progressed it quickly turned into a page-turner that was difficult to put down.

I should mention that I won this book from the author, and what a win it was! Thank you! I look forward to the next installment!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forever Girl.

02/28/2012
02/28/2012
36.0% "Pleasantly surprised at how much I'm enjoying reading this."