Chrissy's Reviews > E.

Feb 22, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read from February 18 to 22, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I'm not quite sure HOW to rate this book. I mean, I really didn't enjoy it at all. But, I can't just give it 1 star -- it's not terribly written or anything --- it's just not for me. For one thing, I'm not British. I don't "get" British humor. If you're British, was this book funny to you? Let me know -- I'm curious.

But, on the other hand, I can't give it 4 or 5 stars -- because, well, I just didn't like it. There were too many people. I got confused. The idea of telling a story entirely through email is fun -- and I've read successful attempts at this style in the past. However, "E" just didn't hit the mark for me at all.

So, the story is about a British advertising company trying to land a big deal with Coca Cola. There are other smaller deals along the way, a lot of weird people have a lot of weird ideas, people get fired and hired back, and lots of inappropriate things are said and done in the office.

Like, I didn't really *get* the British version of THE OFFICE, either. And yeah, I know it came first. But I didn't laugh. I totally laughed at the US version of the office.

So, if someone redid this to be more Americanized, maybe I'd laugh. Or, maybe I wouldn't. In the end I was disappointed. I mean, all these pages -- and --- they didn't even get the deal.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read E..

02/19/2012 page 75
21.0% "Didn't know this was British. I don't *click* with British humour!"

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren eww british