Traci (The Reading Geek)'s Reviews > Of Poseidon

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

May 21, 12

Read from March 10 to 11, 2012

Anna Banks' Of Poseidon is the story of Emma who is on vacation with her best friend when she accidently bumps into Galen. Galen is the prince of the Syrena, or mermaids. Galen and Emma can't deny that they instantly felt something when first met though. Galen also suspects that Emma is not just an ordinary when he sees that she is capable of communicating with fish.

I completely loved Of Poseidon! I couldn't stop reading this book once I started. The characters are well written and strongly developed. Emma is feisty and tough. She definitely has a bit of a temper at times. Emma is also hilarious too though and I loved her little inner rants.

Emma meets Galen by accident when she trips and falls into him while on vacation. Galen wants to know more about Emma though, especially after seeing her communicate with fish. Galen kind of creeped me out a bit at first but it only took a couple of chapters before I was in love with him. He doesn't know how to act like a human very well. I enjoyed the alternating chapters though because it not only helped move the plot along but, it also provided a deeper understanding into both Galen and Emma. I also loved Rayna and Toraf. Rayna is Galen's sister and she also has a bit of a temper. Toraf is Galen's best friend and I wish he was in the story even more.

The plot moves along quickly and immediately captured my attention from the first line. The history of the Syrena, or mermaids, was so interesting and I enjoyed how it was spread out through the story so that I never felt overwhelmed by the information. Of Poseidon ended on a cliffhanger that left me dying for more. While reading, I had some suspicions about what would happen next but I was definitely proven wrong. I know I have said it before but mermaids have easily become my new favorite genre and Of Poseidon just further proves it for me. I know that I will definitely be anxiously sitting on the edge of my seat while I wait for the sequel. I strongly recommend Of Poseidon! It is an exciting, romantic, and interesting story that you will find hard to put down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Of Poseidon.

03/10/2012 page 146