Sylvie's Reviews > Blood Wager

Blood Wager by Connie Suttle

Feb 18, 2012

Read on February 18, 2012

This is book one of the Blood Destiny series by Connie Suttle, and know I'll be devouring the others ASAP!
Lissa is having a tough time. Her husband of several years has died suddenly, and to make matters worse, she becomes a pawn in a stupid bet. She is killed by two vamps and turned just to bet on how long she'll survive. Fortunately she is smart enough to escape and figure out what has happened to her. She knows she's a vampire, and through trial and error learns what she's capable of - great strength, to ability to place compulsions on people, for example - and what she needs to stay away from.
I really enjoyed watching Lissa discover her power while still staying true to herself. Yes, she's now wearing the body of a hot, petite, slender woman in her twenties, but she's still mourning her husband, she still loves to cook (even if she can't eat), and she's fiercely loyal to those she trusts. I look forward to reading the other books in the series to see what trouble Lissa gets into next, and, more importantly, how she gets out of it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Wager.