BookChick's Reviews > Immortal

Immortal by Allison Cassatta

Apr 12, 12

bookshelves: paranormal, vampire
Read in February, 2012

If I could rate the book in sections, I would give the first half a 2 star and the last 4. The first oart with whole journal entry was very annoying. It was slow and didn't really give you a feel for the characters. It just gave you back ground to the place we ended up at the half way mark. Another annoying thing about the book in general (and I don't know if this is an editing thing or the author's style) is the fact that their is no clear deliniation between the characters thoughts, actions, or words. One minute I'm reading one character's point of view and the next line it's anothers and only after a couple of lines do you finally pick up on that fact and have to go back and re-read with the mindset of the new character. I think there should be a space between the differing characts when changing perspectives to let the reader know.

I was quite impressed with the ending, depressed but impressed. Rarely, does an author in these types of books, have such an ending for the main characters. Usually everyone lives happily everafter and the bad guy loses.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Immortal.