Pam's Reviews > The Uncoupling

F 50x66
Feb 18, 2012

it was ok
Read from February 18 to 24, 2012 , read count: once

Didn't really care too much for this book. What initially drew me to it was the cover - I loved it but that really is a rather silly reason to read a book. It also sounded rather interesting. I have read one other of her books which I initally wasn't sure I liked but she pulled it out, so when I could get this book at a bargain price, I went for it.
Her claim to fame, I understand, is that she writes about real life subjects and relationships and makes readers think and she is true to herself in this book. Unfortunately, it is mostly not very interesting. As soon as you think "Oh I can relate to that", it tends to wander off to nothing.
The part about the adults and sex and relationships rang pretty true to me; the parts about the teenagers and sex just turned me off and I can only hope it was somewhat exaggerated. I pray that that is not the type of sex life my grandchildren will have and, at the same time, I'm glad sex was not looked on so nonchalantly in my time, at least as far as I knew. I know there will be people who will disagree with this premise and say that it is better today with everything out in front and with everybody allowed to do their own thing. I respectfully disagree.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Uncoupling.