Gina's Reviews > Strange Tales of the Curiously Uncommon

Strange Tales of the Curiously Uncommon by Andrew Biss

May 02, 12

bookshelves: collections, freebie, kindle, short-story, 2012-book-releases, 2012, book-club, books-i-own-read, ccc-club
Read from May 01 to 02, 2012

Goodreads Description- Strange Tales of the Curiously Uncommon is a collection of darkly humorous short stories, each with a cunning twist in the tail.

When extraordinary events befall some of London's most ordinary of inhabitants, unexpected turns lead to some witty, strange, yet ultimately satisfying results.

This was a very amusing read. This short book is really a collection of 5 short stories that are all set in London and I have to tell you that Andrew Biss really has a good knack at storytelling. The dialogue is hilarious and written in an almost cockney English accent and the discussions the character's have with others are so darkly humorous because the characters seem so unaware of the strange things that are happening. Or even better, in my opinion, the characters think very little of the very strange and dangerous things happening around them. Each of the short stories is unique and strange. Biss must have some dark twisted mind to come up with these plots. The book was a freebie on Amazon and I couldn't have had a better price for such a dark humorous set of shorts. This is a good taste of what I hope Biss's writing style will be in his other works. I will definitely be seeking out his other books. I highly recommend this as a fast and strange, but a good strange, read! 4 stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Strange Tales of the Curiously Uncommon.

05/01/2012