Irish's Reviews > Bewitching: The Kendra Chronicles

Bewitching by Alex Flinn

Jun 17, 12

bookshelves: young-adult, fairy-tale
Read on February 19, 2012

After reading Beastly, I have been a fan of Alex Flinn. So far I have read two of her books: Beastly and A Kiss in Time. I found this book in a bookstore yesterday and I had no idea that a new book from her was been published this month. I read the synopsis and it's about Kendra, the witch from Beastly. I love her character so much, and that was the only reason why I read this book. She really gets into me.

Anyway, the story is about Kendra: when she became Witch and her experience being an immortal. We also get a glimpse of other stories in here such as Hanzel and Gretel, Princess and the Pea and the Little Mermaid which had a connection with Kendra a long (long) time ago.

Those are just side stories since Bewitching is also a re-telling of Cinderella and her relationship with her step sister and step mother. However, this is a very good Cinderella twist. We all know the Cinderella is beautiful and kind one, but not in this book. The story mainly focus on the step sister, which is not that pretty but timid, not like the fairy tale one. Basically, the story is about Kendra, trying to help (once again) another kind soul (the stepsister) to have a happy life.

I really like the book because all of the characters gets into me. Even the side story are awesome, my favorite was the Princess and the Pea twist. And the most amazing thing in this book is the ending! I never thought that it would be like that (though I was really hoping for it to be like that!). I'm not gonna ruin anything so I just let you read and meet (this time), Cinderella's stepsister.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bewitching.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Badeth (new) - added it

Badeth Dela Rosa hi! is this really good? tnx

Irish it is! I love it, in fact!